Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Character Animation Projects - Lip Sync


Fred rig downloaded from animationbuffet.blogspot.com.



This was my final project for Character Animation. I am rather proud of this one, I think the character rig I choose is very befitting of Nathan Lane's voice. The audio clip I choose to animated is from one of my favorite movies Birdcage! However, I would like to make one grievance, only myself and two others in the class the day we presented audio clips we'd like to use, knew the movie Birdcage. SO DISAPPOINTING!!!! These young kids...tisk, tisk!

I first shot a reference video of my self acting out the scene. I am no actor, my acting is embarrassing, but the world can feel free to have a good laugh at my expense and watch my reference video below. (My dog Oskar got in the way a couple of times, he wanted to be apart of the process!)

  

Using my reference I extenuated some of my acting bits that were much too stiff to give the character, well, a little more character. I set key poses for the body mechanics and then moved on to secondary poses, and splining. Once the body felt like it was a pretty solid animation, I moved on to set the facial expressions. The character mostly is angry but he has a few small moments he needed to be shocked or sad. With the expression on the face in the proper place it was finally time to move the mouth to sync to the audio. This is a pretty hard process, plus you have to make some pretty embarrassing faces while looking into a mirror to analyze what shape your mouth makes for certain sounds. For instance, when someone says the word "that" they may not even realize that their tongue is sticking out between their teeth to make the "th" sound. It was a tricky process, but I think I was pretty successful at my first attempt at a lip sync. 

No comments:

Post a Comment